Interaction Designers at Yodle play a critical role on Yodle’s product teams and lead the design of user interactions for Yodle products. They work in close partnership with team members from Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing, Visual Design, Front End Development and others to deliver products that directly address customer needs and meet Yodle’s internal business objectives.
As key members of the User Experience department, Interaction Designers at Yodle have a direct hand in creating products that engage and delight our customers. Yodle’s mission is to empower businesses to optimize their operations, establish new customer relationships, and, ultimately, grow their business. Through their pivotal role in product research and development, Interaction Designers at Yodle develop a deep understanding and empathy with business owners and entrepreneurs of all types.
Strong Interaction Designers are fundamentally curious about the way things work in the real world and the digital one. At Yodle, Interaction Designers study our customers’ behaviors and transform them into web and mobile platform experiences that are both highly functional and intuitive. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of user experience design for consumer products and will thrive in a solution-oriented environment. They will be proactive critical thinkers that work creatively through the inherent challenges of the product research and development process. They thrive as part of a cross-functional, startup team.
- Effectively designs interactions within the product, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, greenfield experiences
- Owns the design process from product thinking, to flows, to wireframes, to prototypes, to user testing, etc.
- Applies best practices from the field of user experience and user research
- Is a core contributor to product discovery process and assists in validating product ideas and designs
- Supports their assigned product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to prepare designs for development
- Applies an understanding of user analytics and KPIs to monitor the product’s performance and guide product evolution
- Performs user research and customer discovery, such as interviews, observation sessions, and user tests, etc.
- Synthesizes and shares their research to stakeholders
- Incorporates insight from their research into product designs
- Explores new ways of communicating product design concepts and supporting information to product stakeholders
- Collaborates and critiques with fellow designers to ensure that the very best work possible is being released into the market
- Dreams big about changing the way people interact with technology
- Has a strong portfolio with project artifacts illustrating an individual approach to design solutions and demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking
- Has proven experience working directly with internal or external clients to gather requirements, present work, and discuss feedback
- Demonstrates aptitude for leading design projects
- Has experience successfully executing in environments that focused on conversion, renewal, subscription, etc.
- Thinks about the full context of the user experience including business challenges, user needs, and technological capabilities
- Uses Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Writes HTML and CSS
- Understands fundamentals of visual design
- Prior experience working with Agile software development process is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in UX, Interaction Design, Product Design, or related fields, designing for web and/or mobile
- Some formal study of user experience design
Why Work at Yodle?
Yodle offers excellent medical benefits packages for you and your family, including a pet insurance discount for your four-legged furry friends! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours! Explore some key benefits of working at Yodle by clicking below.
Yodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yodle's policy is to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.