Interaction Designers play a critical role on our User Experience (UX) team, leading the design of user interactions with Yodle’s functional applications for web and mobile platforms. Interaction Designers collaborate openly with other members of the UX discipline, including Visual Designers, Content Strategists, and Front-End Developers, as well as Product Managers, Technical Developers, and QA.
Great Interaction Designers are detailed thinkers who can show clear understanding of design problems from business, user and technical perspectives. They can work with others to arrive at solutions that meet the business and technical requirements while delivering high-quality experiences to users that are easy to understand, efficient in accomplishing tasks, and representative of the Yodle experience.
Strong Interaction Designers are fundamentally curious about the way things work in the real world and the digital one. They realize the value of process and best practices, but are also willing and open to exploring new ways of communicating concepts and information. And they dream big about changing the way people interact with technology.
A strong Lead Interaction Designer:
- Has a great portfolio illustrating various projects, solutions, and design artifacts that demonstrate systematic design thinking
- Thinks about the full context of the user experience we are designing including business challenges, user needs, and technological capabilities
- Has proven experience working directly with internal or external clients to gather requirements, present work, and discuss feedback
- Demonstrates aptitude for leading design projects and/or teams
- Enjoys mentoring and collaborating with junior designers
- Creating interaction design deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes
- Conducting effective meetings with project stakeholders to understand goals, requirements, user profiles, and context of use
- Collaborating effectively with UX team members, as well as other project stakeholders
- Performing qualitative user research to understand user needs and evaluate design solutions for usability
- Establishing and documenting interaction design standards for common usage across all Yodle applications
- Providing leadership to other UX team members and projects
- Demonstrable experience designing complex, functional web and/or mobile applications
- Strong portfolio of work showing information architecture and interaction design artifacts such as sitemaps, process flows, high-fidelity wireframes, and functional prototypes
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Proficiency working in Mac OS with software tools including OmniGraffle and Adobe CS
- Secondary UX skills in Visual Design or Front-End Development are desired
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience designing UX solutions for websites and web applications -- mobile experience a plus
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team
- Prior experience working with Agile Software Development Process is a plus
Why Work at Yodle?
Yodle offers excellent medical benefits packages for you and your family, including a pet insurance discount for your four-legged furry friends! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours! Explore some key benefits of working at Yodle by clicking below.
Yodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yodle's policy is to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.