You'll be joining a strong, business focused, agile software development team where you can concentrate on using your superb development skills to create an end-to-end advertising platform that enables local business to get new business from the internet and track and measure the return on investment. We build the full breadth of software required to make Yodle go. Your feature team might be working on big data analytics one project and a business intelligence dashboard the next. Examples of our diverse systems include a fully customizable website renderer, a reviews solicitation platform and mobile app, an automated search advertising campaign builder, an integration app that allows clients to market to their existing customers, a service discovery framework built on top of Zookeeper, an advanced queuing and syncing system for integration with partners such as Google and Bing, a widget library for quickly building web interfaces from mocks and many more.
- Our engineers work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging, database systems, and web services. Regardless of which components you touch, we’ll want you to be involved in designing, coding, testing and running the systems.
- Our engineers solve a variety of complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technology.
- We are constantly innovating! We look at ways to improve our core products, seek out products in the market that can be built better, and keep an eye on industry and technology trends to stay ahead of the competition.
- We have shared ownership of our code base. Anyone can and is expected to work on and improve any piece of code. There are no silos!
- 4+ years of experience
- Excellent coding and design skills. Software that works, is reliable, testable and maintainable should be what you do by default.
- You enjoy writing software and take pride in what you build.
- Having programmed in Java will help you get going faster, but your primary languages aren’t as important as being a great programmer.
- SQL proficiency, particularly with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- BA/BS or above from a Computer Science program preferred
- You should be able to work daily in our office in New York City
- Use the Apply Now button at the top of the page
- Or to get your resume to the top of the stack, solve one of the problems below:
Why Work at Yodle?
Yodle offers excellent medical benefits packages for you and your family, including a pet insurance discount for your four-legged furry friends! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours! Explore some key benefits of working at Yodle by clicking below.
Yodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yodle's policy is to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.