Visual Designers play an important role on our User Experience (UX) team, creating the visual expression of Yodle’s brand to world. They design all our digital and print marketing properties such as websites (including mobile), ad campaigns (online and print), event marketing materials, collateral, etc. Visual Designers collaborate openly with other members of the UX discipline, including Copywriters, Interaction Designers, and Front-End Developers, as well as members of our Marketing team. Great candidates for this role are enthusiastic about helping to further define the Yodle brand and creating a visual design system for our entire range of properties. How do we use typography to communicate hierarchy of information? How do we use color to depict our brand and draw users’ attention to certain elements? How do common elements across all Yodle websites and applications help shape our users’ experience with Yodle? Strong Visual Designers think not only about the way things look, but also how they work. In the case of designing a web application, they understand modern front-end web technologies like HTML 5 and CSS3 and how these tools can be used to improve the UX. In the case of designing a mobile experience, they think about the physical device at hand and how everything from aspect ratio to gesture-based inputs can affect the quality of the design solution. There are a million things to think about, and Visual Designers love to explore them.
- Creating visual design deliverables such as concept sketches, layouts, and specifications
- Conducting effective meetings with project stakeholders to understand project requirements
- Collaborating effectively with UX team members, as well as other project stakeholders
- Establishing and documenting visual design standards for common usage across all Yodle applications
- 2+ years experience designing digital and print marketing solutions
- Demonstrable experience designing marketing websites and print campaigns
- Strong portfolio of work showing a range of design styles
- Clear examples showing design systems – consistent use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, and color
- Expert-level skill in Adobe CS5 for Mac OS
- Secondary UX skills in Interaction Design or Front-End Development are a plus
- Experience with content management systems and/or mobile design is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is preferred
Benefits & Perks
We know you're valuable.
Great Work Environment
We keep things interesting.
We've got you covered.
Save for your future long after Yodle.
Everyone likes saving money!
Work out for less.
Enjoy our fully stocked kitchen.
Give and take within a smart team.
Flexible Time Off
Go get as tan as you like.
Life and Disability
We invest in your protection.
To get you where you need to go.
Employee Referral Program
We reward you for your referrals.
Furry friends have needs.
We care about your personal development too.
Don't let this icon fool you. You have to wear pants as well.
Additional Benefits and Perks
For life's other events.