Visual Designers play an important role on our User Experience (UX) team, creating the visual expression of our clients’ brands to the world. Their primary responsibility is to design on/off-line products that help our customers connect to theirs. Visual Designers collaborate openly with other members of the UX discipline, including Interaction Designers and Front-End Developers, as well as members of our Product Management, Marketing, and Product Marketing teams.
Great candidates for this role are enthusiastic about branding and design systems that can be applied across a range of products including: websites, emails, postcards, and other branded collateral. How do we use typography to communicate the right brand messages? How do we use color to depict brand and draw users’ attention to certain elements? How do common elements across all products help shape users’ experience?
Strong Visual Designers think not only about the way things look, but also how they work. In the case of designing a web application, they understand modern front-end web technologies like HTML 5 and CSS3 and how these tools can be used to improve the UX. In the case of designing a mobile experience, they think about the physical device at hand and how everything from aspect ratio to gesture-based inputs can affect the quality of the design solution. There are a million things to think about, and Visual Designers love to explore them.
- Creating visual design deliverables such as concept sketches, layouts, and specifications
- Conducting effective meetings with project stakeholders to understand project requirements
- Collaborating effectively with UX team members, as well as other project stakeholders
- Establishing and documenting visual design standards for common usage across all Yodle applications
- Demonstrable experience designing marketing websites and print campaigns
- Strong portfolio of work showing a range of design styles
- Clear examples showing design systems – consistent use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, and color
- Secondary UX skills in Interaction Design or Front-End Development are a plus
- Experience with content management systems and/or mobile design is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is preferred
- 2-5 years of visual design experience
- Expert-level skill in Adobe CS5 for Mac OS
Why Work at Yodle?
Yodle offers excellent medical benefits packages for you and your family, including a pet insurance discount for your four-legged furry friends! Each office location offers its own unique set of perks such as free lunch, food trucks, contests, chair massages, gym memberships, commuter benefits, and don't forget about company happy hours! Explore some key benefits of working at Yodle by clicking below.
Yodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yodle's policy is to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.